World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
CASE, an initiative of World Business Chicago, acts as a catalyst to create inclusive economic growth by leveraging anchor procurement to collectively impact Chicago Neighborhoods. More specifically, CASE enables anchors to individually and collectively support the vitality of their neighborhoods by sourcing and qualifying local, small to medium sized neighborhood businesses (including MWBEs) to supply the products and services anchors need.
WBC seeks a full-time Anchor Relationship Manager for the CASE initiative. The Anchor Relationship Manager is responsible for maintaining partnerships with a diverse array of organizations to support local and minority-owned supplier purchasing efforts. The successful candidate will be able to engage in dialogue with key stakeholders, including anchor institutions (universities, cultural institutions, hospitals, government) local businesses, and community partners, regarding the vision, goals and value proposition of CASE.
- Support a strong relationship driven culture through on-going, high-touch partner contact, quality stakeholder service and superior knowledge of CASE’s mission, service and product offerings.
- Support data management activities, including the collection of anchor hiring and spend data.
- Assist in establishing local purchasing goals by spend category at anchor institutions.
- Develop, implement and maintain process for collecting contract opportunities from anchor procurement leaders, diversity managers, category buyers, and supply chain integrators to build sustainable demand for Targeted Matchmaking.
- In collaboration with the Business Relationship Manager, lead the CASE Business Network and associated efforts to source and qualify businesses to participate in Targeted Matchmaking.
- Serve as the primary liaison to stakeholders for comprehensive Targeted Matchmaking and programming opportunities.
- Support marketing, outreach and recruitment for CASE’s proprietary business assessment tools.
- Represent CASE at trade shows, conferences and other related events through networking and public speaking.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three-to-five years’ experience working in small business or entrepreneurial support, economic development or business administration, or related experience.
- Proven track record of prospecting new business and enhancing existing relationships in the Chicago market.
- Proven sales skills and experience, including planning, execution and follow-up of client engagement.
- General knowledge of accounting principles, including the ability to understand and interpret financial statements of small- and medium-sized businesses, particularly balance sheets and income statements.
- Ability to analyze key financial ratios and communicate their implications on business performance and strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate events including business workshops and conferences.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite.
- Active industry networking contacts and centers of influence established in the Chicago area.
- Familiarity with Chicago’s small business community and support resources.
- Experience and knowledge of institutional purchasing and supply chain management processes.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume by May 17, 2019 to:
World Business Chicago
177 N. State St., Ste. 500
Chicago, Illinois, 60601