World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
Chicago Anchors for a Strong Economy (CASE), an initiative of World Business Chicago, acts as a catalyst to create inclusive economic growth by leveraging anchor procurement to collectively impact Chicago Neighborhoods. More specifically, CASE enables anchors to individually and collectively support the vitality of their neighborhoods by sourcing and qualifying local, small to medium sized neighborhood businesses (including MBE and WBE firms) to supply the products and services anchors need.
CASE is seeking an Associate for a full time position help support small businesses in their pursuit of contracting opportunities with anchor institutions. This position will report to the EVP of Neighborhood and Strategic Initiatives
- Assist with the execution of CASE’s annual anchor action plans e.g. attending anchor meetings and events, organizing CASE panels and events, sourcing businesses according to anchor needs, and helping anchor institutions as they develop their business development strategies
- Work with CASE Manager to develop programming for CASE small business network
- Facilitate CASE business workshops and secure subject-matter experts in collaboration with partner community organizations and according to anchor institution needs
- Actively recruit businesses within CASE target categories and build pipeline of businesses according to the needs of individual CASE anchor institutions
- Foster relationships with key stakeholders
- Lead effort to bring resources to small businesses by leveraging World Business Chicago’s research and business development team within the Neighborhood and Strategic Initiatives department
- Work with businesses to recruit them through SCALE- matchmaking platform and serve as point of contact for questions and or troubleshooting SCALE; Communicate needed updates and changes to SCALE platform with vendor
- Assist Data Analyst with compiling and/or researching needed information from anchor institutions and businesses
- Work with the marketing team on deliverables i.e. content, event information, social media
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with small businesses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, organization and appropriate level of detail orientation
- Professional, and respectful communicator with active listening skills, strong presentation skills, discovery and facilitation skills, and ability to develop strategy to drive progress against goals.
- Strong understanding of Chicago’s small business community and resources (including technical assistance providers)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, familiar with Salesforce.com or another CRM tool
- Ability to work well with others in a small, fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume directly to HR@worldbusinesschicago.com