Business Development Manager
World Business Chicago is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Business Development Manager is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Vice President of Business Development and Foreign Direct Investment. The responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to manage Chicago’s emerging cannabis industry and oversee additional business development opportunities related to small businesses.
- Maintain relationships with key cannabis stakeholders across the Chicago and Illinois
- Proactively meet and build relationships with key CEO in the cannabis industry including dispensaries, cultivation and infusion to support their investment in Chicago
- Work collaboratively with the Mayor’s Office to convene roundtables, working groups, and other educational discussions to engage the cannabis industry
- Promote Chicago as the ideal location for overall economic expansion needs (for instance by initiating and speaking at business seminars, participating in networking events, etc.)
- Support the department by leading on business development projects related to small businesses
- Work with fellow staff to develop, implement, and improve business development marketing and outreach efforts
- Complete regularly required status reports and maintaining project tracking databases
- Conduct other related tasks and assignments not specified above
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proactive and highly responsive
- Results and goal-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Presentation skills
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with Salesforce software a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in economic development, strategic partnerships, business development, public administration, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, urban planning, public policy or related field
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@worldbusinesschicago.com