Chicago Anchors for a Strong Economy (CASE) is seeking a Business Relationship Associate for a full time position that reports to the Business Relationship Manager of CASE to support the management of the Diagnostic Tool platform and Targeted Matching Process as well as the user experience for small businesses and for anchors.
The Business Relationship Associate will join an entrepreneurial team in building our initiative. The Business Relationship Associate will support CASE’s business interactions by providing analysis of local businesses as potential suppliers for our anchors as well as for business development opportunities. The ideal applicant will have direct experience of working with small businesses, genuine interest in business development and demonstrated knowledge and interest in economic development.
The Business Relationship Associate will support the Business Relationship Manager within the CASE team to drive economic growth and the achievement of CASE goals as it pertains to local revenue growth and job creation. The Business Relationship Associate will be responsible for:
- Manage the experience of and relationships with businesses interested in participating in CASE’s diagnostic tool assessment, programming and interaction with CASE anchors.
- Serve as the main point of contact, information distributor, and liaison for participating businesses through the dx tool process, and subsequent matchmaking and programming opportunities.
- Advocate on behalf of the businesses, bringing forth business needs, opportunities and concerns to the CASE team, CASE leadership, WBC team and others to enable cumulative success.
- Support meeting preparation and materials development for quarterly Local Purchasing Network Meetings.
Diagnostic Tool Implementation & Scale
- Project manage and execute the recruitment of businesses for the Diagnostic Tool, in order to create a pipeline of suppliers to vet. Activities here include: track business progress through process, field questions / trouble shoot with businesses through the tool; provide reports to businesses and community partners on outputs and progress
- Support the recruitment of and train a team of part time staff to recruit businesses to through the Diagnostic Tool process including business outreach, collecting and analyzing financials, conducting interviews, and providing recommendations to businesses
- Support requirements gathering from businesses and community partners to develop, build and test the full build-out of an automate technology platform for the Diagnostic Tool.
- Help support the development and execution of the Targeted Matchmaking process under the direction of CASE’s Business Relationship Manager (BRM).
- Conceive, draft, review marketing materials to promote the CASE dx tool to key audiences
- Support the identification and nurture of channel partner relationships with local community partners, key business service organizations, and other in Chicagoland through which CASE can source businesses for its pipeline
- Support the Business Relationship Manager to oversee and facilitate the development of CASE’s marketing strategy being delivered by an external marketing team.
Small Business Expert
- Serve as the in house ‘small business expert’ to support and guide the CASE team as a strategic thought partner, helping identify opportunities to advance, mature, and shape the CASE mission
- Possess and build knowledge, skills, and attitude to navigate through different organizations within the Chicagoland small business ecosystem, foster relationships with key stakeholders, understand key business drivers, and help maximize the value of CASE for participating businesses.
CASE and WBC Team Support
- Understand and be fluent about the vision, goals, value proposition and benefits of CASE to be communicated across diverse stakeholders and within all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with other members of the CASE and WBC team to achieve the mission and vision of CASE (ex: marketing, business development, initiative leads, fellows, etc.)
- Support CASE ED on marketing the Tool through road shows and serve as a DxTool expert
- Help build, develop, refine and update metrics capturing impact for all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree required, business management or economics degree preferred
- At least 2-4 or more years of business development, financial analysis, project management, and team leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, organization and appropriate level of detail orientation
- Professional and respectful communicator with active listening skills, strong presentation skills, discovery and facilitation skills, and ability to develop strategy to drive progress against goals.
- Strong understanding of Chicago’s small business community and resources
- Experience and knowledge of institutional procurement and supply chain management processes preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel is mandatory, familiar with Hoovers, Salesforce.com and other CRM tools
- Ability to work well with others in a small, fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and list of 3-5 professional references with references contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.