Chicago Anchors for a Strong Economy (CASE) is seeking a graduate intern to support the operations and program work of the organization.
Since 2014, CASE has served as a matchmaker of procured products and services between anchor institutions and local businesses. As a business service provider through the end of 2015, CASE provided technical assistance to over 200 local businesses through a curriculum that addressed business development, change management, executive leadership, financial management, marketing, organizational planning, procurement, strategic planning and talent management. The supply-side focus yielded significant returns, with participating businesses reporting over 180 new jobs as a result of new contracts worth an excess of $50M. As a true startup, CASE is evolving every day and has modified the model to focus on targeted matchmaking to more effectively leverage the purchasing power of its network of anchor institutions. The graduate associate will report to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for grant writing and fundraising coordination: including scheduling and preparing for meetings with potential and current funders, monitoring grant cycles, and researching and proposing new funders
- Managing communications activities such as social media creative content, bi-weekly update content, and quarterly newsletter creation
- Coordination of events and event logistics for CASE team
- Assist in the preparation of documents, presentations and reports for external and internal stakeholders
- Performing other duties as required to support the CASE Executive Director
- Currently seeking a Master’s degree with experience or relevant coursework in marketing, communications, development, non-profit management, grant writing, or other related areas is preferred
- An interest in non-profit management, including fundraising and operations
- Must be flexible to change and adaptable to a start-up environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to delegate responsibilities
- Have a passion for Chicago’s neighborhoods and the desire to create inclusive economic growth in the Chicagoland region
- Be an analytical and creative thinker, able to help CASE better understand the policies that impact Chicagoland anchor institutions
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work both autonomously as well as collaborate with a dynamic multidisciplinary team
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Social Media experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
The position is a paid, 6-month commitment with a possible extension for another 6 months, beginning in May 2017. Experience here can be used towards class credit or other analogous academic requirements.
The ideal candidate is detail‐oriented, with program management skills. The candidate should have the ability to deliver high-quality outputs on time with the ability to work well independently or with a team, and should have a demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with executive level leadership. We seek candidates with strong interpersonal written/verbal communications skills and a passion for civic engagement and economic development.
This position is available immediately / 30-40 hours per week, based upon availability, with a 6-month commitment and possibility for extension
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Graduate Associate, Program”.