CHICAGO – Organizers for theChicago Venture Summit today announced the final 15 emerging growth companies that will present in front of the nation’s leading venture capital firms during the Midwest venture event on October 15th. These companies join the 15 firms that were previously announced.The final 15 participating companies include:
- 4C – The Chicago big data analytics and social intelligence platform collects public social data and applies exclusive mapping algorithms to track relationships between audiences, behavior and brand affinity. 4C has been backed by Jump Capital.
- Eved – The Skokie, Ill. company offers cloud-based sourcing, ecommerce and management solutions for the meetings and events industry. Funding for Eved has come from Pritzker Group Venture Capital and MK Capital.
- GiveForward – The Chicago website offers a private, secure platform and guidance to those raising money for loved ones in need. GiveForward’s investors include SocialLeverage, Founder Collective, Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Techstars Chicago, FirstRound Capital, FireStarter Fund, David Cohen, Founder of Techstars, and Naval Ravikan,Founder of AngelList.
- Iris Mobile – The Chicago company uses rich media messaging to help retailers target customers through mobile marketing. Iris Mobile has received funding from Hyde ParkAngels, Origin Ventures, Illinois Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and OCA Ventures.
- Narrative Science – The Chicago company’s software transforms structured data into meaningful narratives that provide actionable information. Backers of Narrative Science include Battery Ventures, Jump Capital, In-Q-Tel, Northwestern University and SAP Ventures.
- Options Away – The Chicago company allows travelers to find and hold low flight fares for up to several weeks while finalizing travel plans. OptionsAway has received funding from Silicon Valley Bank.
- Pangea – The Chicago payment platform allows for low cost, secure and quick transfers utilizing cash as a payment method. Pangea has received funding from KGC Capital, BW Capital Partners, Chicago Ventures, FireStarter Funds, Jump Capital and OCA Ventures.
- Procured Health – The Chicago company’s cloud-based solutions help healthcare providers manage and reduce spending. Procured Health’s funding has come from Zimmerman Ventures, Fidelity Biosciences, FCA Venture Partners, Blueprint Health, Bessemer Venture Partners, Jump Capital and Carl Byers, Venture Partner at Fidelity Biosciences.
- Shiftgig – The Chicago online community for the services and hospitality industry connects employers to job candidates. Shiftgig’s investors are Lakewest Venture Partners, Red Barn Investments, FireStarter Fund, Chicago Ventures and Jumpstart Ventures.
- Shoutlet – The Madison, Wis. company’s global, enterprise-class social platform leverages proprietary relationship intelligence technology to build relationships with customers. Investments in Shoutlet have come from American Family Insurance, Leo Capital Holdings, Origin Ventures and FTV Capital.
- TempoIQ – The Chicago company provides analytics solutions for sensor data environments in the oil and gas, smart grid and solar energy sectors. TempoIQ has been backed by Read Press, Hyde Park Venture Partners, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Angels, Divergent Ventures, Techstars, Data Collective, John Ives, Jason Seats, Lew Moorman and John Engates.
- ThinkCERCA – The Chicago online company is a Common Core State Standards aligned literacy program with tools for teachers to help their students think critically. Backing for ThinkCERCA has come from Abundant Ventures LLC, The Impact Engine, Chuck Templeton, Founder at OhSoWe, Deborah Quazzo, Founder at GSV Advisors, Nessan Fitzmaurice and Bob Montgomery.
- UICO – The Chicago company manufactures duraTOUCH® PCap touch screens and duraTOUCH® PCap Surface solutions used across automotive, appliance, industrial, marine, medical, military and wearables markets. UICO is funded by Plymouth Management, Beringea Private Equity and Hyde Park Angels.
- Zipnosis – The Minneapolis, Minn. company offers a 24/7 online diagnosis service for common medical conditions such as colds, sore throats and influenza. Zipnosis is backed by Dalmore Investments and Omphalos Venture Partners.
- Zipscene – The Cincinnati, Ohio company’s data-driven marketing platform for chain restaurants enhances marketing efforts by finding and highlighting actionable data patterns. Zipscene is backed by Jump Capital and Cincy Tech.
The 15 previously announced presenting companies are: Ahalogy, eSpark Learning, Geofeedia, Keeper Security, LISNR, Opternative, ParkWhiz, Pervasive Health, Rocketmiles.com, SIM Partners, Snapsheet, SpotHero, TrackIf, viaForensics and YCharts.
About the Chicago Venture Summit
The Chicago Venture Summit will be held at Venue Six10 on Chicago’s Michigan Avenue. The Summit’s agenda includes presentations by dozens of the top emerging tech companies in the Midwest, panel discussions with national technology experts, and private dinners with C-suite leaders of the Midwest’s Fortune 100 companies.
ChicagoNEXT seeks to create innovative programs to foster technology and entrepreneurship in Chicago, including shared space partnerships, exchange programs for entrepreneurs and outreach to venture capital firms and technology talent. ChicagoNEXT is led by J.B. Pritzker and is an outgrowth of World Business Chicago (WBC), chaired by Mayor Rahm Emanuel. WBC leads the city’s business retention, attraction and expansion efforts, raises Chicago’s position as a premier global business destination, and guides implementation of the Plan for Economic Growth & Jobs.
Chaired by Mayor Rahm Emanuel, World Business Chicago is the public-private partnership leading the Plan for Economic Growth and Jobs in order to drive business development, cultivate talent, and put Chicago at the forefront of the global economy.
WBC’s “Economic Briefs” track indicators from month to month to gauge the strength of several aspects of Chicago’s economy, including unemployment, population, venture capital, job openings and new hires, home sales, tourism, etc. This data provides a clear analytic framework for specific Plan strategies and initiatives.