World Business Chicago is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Communications Associate (CA) is both MarComm team traffic controller and contributor.
If you are someone who works hard, works smart, and works collaboratively, read on:
The CA is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications, responsible for:
- Content creation;
- Implementation of digital communication strategy;
- Contribute to the MarComm team responsible for developing and executing engaging communications and content, successfully driving experiential, marketing, media, PR and social and presentation development, speech writing and more.
Overall team goal: create visibility for, and consistently articulate and demonstrate WBC’s mission via content and MarComm projects; support organization initiatives and executive team; drive positive word-of-mouth and reputation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write engaging, clear, copy.
- Collaborate with teams throughout the organization to drive MarComm projects, managing and juggling many projects at the same time.
- Drive digital communications (social media, e-newsletters, web updates, analytics of same)
- Manage, oversee and update all digital and web assets.
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Positively contribute to our mission to drive inclusive economic growth and job creation, support business, and promote Chicago as a leading global city.
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing/communications.
- Agency, public affairs or corporate communications experience preferred.
- Excellent writing/editing experience, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task, manage time and implement high priority initiatives.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- Full working knowledge of WordPress, MS Office (Word , PPT, xls), Adobe Suite, Mailchimp, Sprout Social; familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Social media campaign development, execution, analytics, measurement.
- Graphic design ability.
- Content creation in all forms: writing, editing and distributing content, including newsletters, e-blasts, brochures and booklets, press releases, presentations, web content and other materials.
- Ability and comfort to travel to attend events throughout the city attended by CEO and Executive Staff to take notes and pictures for content development .
- Cultivate innovation, coming up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. Can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
- Manages ambiguity, deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Action-oriented, readily takes action on challenges, identifying and seizing new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and challenging times.
If interested, email cover letter, resume and links to no more than 3 work samples to:
Carrie Simmons, firstname.lastname@example.org