World Business Chicago (WBC)
World Business Chicago is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
We seek a creative, forward-thinking and organized, Communication Associate to join our marketing team. In this position you will create consistent, meaningful content for use across multiple channels including social media, digital marketing and web. The CA is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications. You will be responsible for:
- Write, create, edit, and publish content (original text, images, video, layout) that is informative, builds meaningful connections and encourages audience engagement across multiple channels (social media, e-mail, website, collateral, events, etc.) to support business strategy and goals;
- Work with internal teams and SMEs to create benefit-driven communications for internal and external audiences;
- Distribute content to the appropriate channels, both internal and external;
- Contribute to and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification;
- Own and manage the editorial social media calendar;
- Understand social media metrics; interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of marketing campaigns;
- Collaborate with WBC teams to coordinate brand awareness and affinity across all platforms, externally and internally;
- Develop ideas for, and contribute to, creative marketing campaigns while undertaking individual marketing plan tasks;
- Administers and utilizes email marketing platform for member communications that includes but is not limited to: content layout, list management, debugging HTML, distribution, tracking, testing and reporting;
- Maintains web content management system for all WBC websites and digital communication platforms (social sites, email platforms, etc.), which includes but is not limited to: daily content maintenance, troubleshooting technical issues, integrations, database repositories and forms;
- Manages Google analytics, webmaster tools, and SEO tools for WBC. Conducts monthly reporting and plans and implements campaigns to increase traffic to the websites and ROI on purchased platforms.
SKILLS YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Full working knowledge of WordPress, MS Office (Word , PPT, xls), Adobe Suite, Mailchimp, Sprout Social; familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Social media campaign development, execution, analytics, measurement.
- Have an “editor’s eye” and an ability to write engaging, clear, copy.
- General graphic design knowledge, ability.
- Content creation in all forms: writing, editing and distributing content, including newsletters, e-blasts, brochures and booklets, press releases, presentations, web content and other materials.
- Ability and comfort to travel to attend events throughout the city attended by CEO and Executive Staff to take notes and pictures for content development.
- Manages ambiguity, deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Action-oriented, readily takes action on challenges, identifying and seizing new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and challenging times.
- Positively contribute to our mission to drive inclusive economic growth and job creation, support business, and promote Chicago as a leading global city.
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing/communications.
- Agency, public affairs or corporate communications experience preferred.
- Excellent writing/editing experience, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task, manage time and implement high priority initiatives.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
If interested, email cover letter, and resume to:
Carrie Simmons, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are welcome to apply through LinkedIn, however a cover letter must be included that provides contact information (email and telephone number.)