The Communications Intern will work as a member of the Marketing & Communications team on a variety of projects that involve government affairs, media relations, social media, campaign development and more. The Marketing & Communications team cuts across the entire WBC organization, allowing this internship to interact with elected officials, business executives, civic organizations, Chicagoland media, and WBC senior management.
- Monitoring and reporting of traditional and digital media
- Drafting and scheduling social media posts
- Proactive research of strategic media opportunities
- Development and maintenance of media lists
- Development and distribution of pitch letters, news releases, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, etc.
- Relationship building and collaboration with relevant stakeholders on a diverse set of projects (city officials, business leaders, media, others)
- Use and maintenance of research and project management tools (Dropbox, Sprout, Basecamp)
The Intern can be expected to learn the following: The employer will work with the intern on strategies of media relations, marketing, and social media. The intern will get hands on experience with entry-level block-and-tackle media relations, learn digital marketing strategy, and participate in citywide projects that are central to Chicago’s economic development. The intern will also develop skills in project management using Basecamp and other software and will learn how to track and monitor news stories
To apply, please send a resume with 2 of the following items: a cover letter, a writing sample, or a few sample social media posts to Sean Anderson at SAnderson@worldbusinesschicago.com