Chicago has a significant number of international consulates, and trade & investment offices. In fact, with 83 Consulates & Consuls General, the city is one of the fastest-growing consular hubs in the nation. There are more than 90 foreign-based trade and investment organizations and over 40 international/ethnic Chambers of Commerce in addition to the Consulates.
World Business Chicago has assisted with establishing international offices including the Swiss Business Hub USA, the main point of contact in the U.S. for Swiss companies interested in the US market; the Basque Trade Commission (the only US office); and the Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency, among others.
International trade offices/chambers/Consulates added in the past few years include:
- Australian Consulate General & Trade and Investment Agencies
- Argentine American Midwest Chamber of Commerce
- Basque Trade Commission
- Bosnia & Herzegovina Consulate General
- Bulgarian Consulate General
- Czech – North American Chamber of Commerce
- Czech Republic Consulate General
- Dusseldorf Messe
- Flanders Investment and Trade
- FrankfurtRheinMain investment and trade office
- Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency
- Instituto Valenciano de la Exportacion
- IIC (German trade agency)
- Japanese Consulate General
- KolnMesse, Inc.
- Lithuanian Trade Office, Inc.
- Midwest US-Japan Association
- Invest in Northern France Agency
- Invesstement Québec
- Macedonia (FYROM) Consulate General
- North American Representative Office, Shenzhen, China
- North of England
- North Rhine Westphalia
- Pakistan Consulate General
- Peruvian-American Chamber of Commerce in Chicago
- Port of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Principality of Monaco, Honorary Consul
- Shenyang, China Representative Office
- Serbia Consulate General
- Swiss Business Hub USA
- Turkish-American Chamber of Commerce
- Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA)
- Wuhan, China investment and trade office
For Chicago area foreign business, investment and international trade organizations, see International Trade & Investment Organizations.
For international and foreign chambers of commerce, see Chambers of Commerce.