World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Deputy Communications Director will ensure that World Business Chicago is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information about the Chicago region’s economic growth and job creation. The Deputy Communications Director is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Help develop and execute the annual marketing and communications plan across WBC’s target audiences
- Create and implement a proactive PR strategy, including regular earned media opportunities (e.g. print, broadcast and online media); as well as thought leadership opportunities for CEO, Executive Team and Senior Staff (e.g. trade publications, association events, etc.)
- Prepare briefing materials, speeches and power points and related support for CEO for external/internal events and presentations
- Provide staffing support to CEO for public events, i.e., press conference, presentations, etc.
- Write and coordinate all external communications for WBC including press releases, media advisories, media briefings, talking points
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests and serve as WBC spokesperson when necessary
- Point of contact for all media, reactive and proactive; build and strengthen relationships with key journalists and media representatives
- Streamline external communications processes using PR software (Cision Cloud), including monitoring, analyze and reporting PR coverage for WBC and its programs
- Provide on-site media relations support for WBC events
- Work with team to manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and WBC’s website
- Track and measure the level of engagement across the various multi-media platforms
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, City and State stakeholders, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5 -10 years of experience in communications, public relations or related field
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume by Sept. 5, 2019
World Business Chicago
177 N. State St., Ste. 500, Chicago, Illinois, 60601
World Business Chicago is an equal opportunity employer.