World Business Chicago is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Director of Business Development is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Vice President of Business Development and Global Strategy. The responsibility of the Director of Business Development will be to manage the ecosystem growth and business development of Chicago’s manufacturing industry.
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders in the manufacturing sector across the Chicago area
- Proactively meet and build relationships with key Chicago manufacturing CEO to support their interest in Chicago
- Develop new ways to engage local manufacturing companies to promote their investment, workforce, innovation, and commitment to Chicago
- Identify prospective manufacturing companies and set-up meeting with business executives in this vertical via technology, face-to-face visits, and multi-media presentations
- Promote Chicago as the ideal location for manufacturing companies’ expansion needs (for instance by initiating and speaking at business seminars, participating in networking events, )
- Develop relocation proposals and requests for information, as well as arranging required site visits
- Work with fellow staff to develop, implement, and improve targeted industry marketing and outreach efforts
- Complete regularly required status reports and maintaining project tracking databases
- Conduct other related tasks and assignments not specified above
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proactive and highly responsive
- Results and goal-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Presentation skills
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with Salesforce software a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in economic development, strategic partnerships, business development, public administration, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, urban planning, public policy or related field
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@worldbusinesschicago.com