World Business Chicago (WBC) seeks a full-time Director of Development. The Director will report to the Chief Development Officer and work closely with the Development Associate. The Director of Development will be responsible for supporting and advancing the overall development strategy with primary responsibility for funder partnership and engagement activities, stewardship, the WBC Fellowship Program and ongoing fundraising activities, including cross-departmental development support and WBC development-related events.
- Support WBC’s overall development efforts to help access and leverage resources for existing organizational budgets;
- Manage the WBC Fellowship Program to expand staff capacity, advance organizational initiatives and support partner engagement;
- Manage funder/partner portfolio including corporate, foundation and government funders as required;
- Research foundations, corporations and government prospect to identify new partnership prospects;
- Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects;
- Work with finance to gather and track information related to corporate/foundation funders;
- Steward current funders and provide regular written updates (reports, correspondence etc.) to corporate and foundation contacts;
- Maintain accurate and current records in database and in paper files, including partner/funder activity, financial tracking and reporting; track and analyze statistics to drive results;
- Work with Development Team to provide development content for all written institutional; materials (including Annual Report, Newsletters, website, etc.)
- Assist with other fundraising efforts as requested
- Responsible for data entry, donor CRM database support, event support, and other development tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to persuasively and clearly communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders; strong editing skills
- Attention to detail; self-motivator and highly organized
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to articulate and understand organization’s goals and needs
- Knowledge of foundational fundraising best-practices and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in fundraising and relationship management and a proven track record of donor cultivation and solicitation, sponsorship, marketing, and/or development.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue goals
- Project leadership: Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers and colleagues
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, remaining focused and flexible
- Experience working with cross-departmentally in a nonprofit environment
- Positive attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail
- High degree of initiative, integrity and professionalism
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to HR@WorldBusinessChicago.com.