The Director of Global Strategic Initiatives leads the international business development and relationship building efforts for World Business Chicago. The Director of Global Strategic Initiatives reports to the Executive Vice President of Strategy and Administration and is part of the Senior Leadership team.
The Director of Global Strategic Initiatives is a full-time position that works to increase Chicago’s profile internationally through multiple channels, establishing creative and unique partnerships around the globe to drive further economic collaboration between Chicago and its global partners, aiding Chicago companies in establishing a stronger international presence.
- Create and implement the organization’s international strategy, driving foreign direct investment to Chicago and the region
- Coordinate staff in identification and delivery of incentives and financing, site selection, land use and zoning, and other inputs needed for successful firm recruitment and attraction
- Engage regularly with senior government, corporate, academic, civic, and cultural leadership in Chicago, across the country, and internationally
- Organize and participate in foreign business missions undertaken with WBC involvement.
- Serve as liaison to internationally focused partner agencies such as the local Consular and foreign economic development communities as well as other entities critical to Chicago’s growth in foreign direct investment
- Oversee reporting and other administrative duties necessary to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the Global Strategic Initiatives team and larger organization.
- Work with the accounting/finance team in developing and managing the team’s budget.
- Develop and motivate staff via continuing education, staff reviews, and other related means
- Conduct other related tasks and assignments not specified above
This position requires travel both domestically and internationally. At times, the Director is required to represent the organization in public forums.
The ideal candidate is client-focused, proactive, highly responsive, and results and goal-oriented. We seek candidates with excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills. The candidate should be able to organize and manage information for the production of internal reports. The candidate is a team player with strong business and work ethic and has the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in economic development with experience working with international companies and or government and a bachelor’s degree in business, planning, policy, or a related field are required.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.