The Director of Marketing and Communications supports the organization’s mission, vision and values and is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing the marketing and communications strategy.
The Director of Marketing and Communications leads and supervises the communications, marketing, public relations, and internal creative activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals and objectives established by the CEO and the Board of Directors. The Director also ensures effective, brand enhancing communications including web presence, print communication and public information and contributes to the overall success and impact of the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction of the marketing and communications team
- Develop the annual marketing and communications plan and the strategies, tactics and resources necessary to achieve goals and outcomes
- Analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of current marketing communication initiatives/efforts and determine priorities and next steps
- Oversee the development and preparation of key messaging, presentation and briefing materials for use by the CEO, Board of Directors, staff and external partners
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team as well as department leads on content development, messaging consistency for internal and external communications and individual initiatives; event promotions and outreach
- Ensure all marketing/communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources
- Implement best practices for integrated external communications across traditional and digital media
- Supervise content development, design, production, and dissemination of all external materials.
- Supervise the production of weekly updates, newsletters, announcements, social media messaging and other publications
- Oversee the implementation of robust communication technologies including the organization’s website and social media presence
- Oversee communications and media roll-out activities related to events, initiatives and special projects
- Create an institutional and system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance
- Develop and manage marketing/communications operating budget
- Maintain and develop relationships for pro bono services and other sponsorship opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with key strategic partners
- Fields media inquiries
- Bachelor’s Degree required; an advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising
- Public relations experience: maintain and develop relationships with business journalists globally
- Must have previous team management experience with strong leadership and motivational skills and the ability to develop a results-focused, collegial team ethos
- Focused, proactive, highly responsive and results and goal-oriented
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- A team player with strong work ethic and has the ability to maintain confidentiality
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@worldbusinesschicago.com.