February 28 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
As a global center for education, Chicago attracts students from around the world. After graduation, too many of these students return to their home countries or leave for other major cities in the United States, draining Chicago of high-quality business talent. For businesses, the process to hire these graduates may seem cumbersome as they attempt to navigate the legal process for employing foreign workers.
Presented by World Business Chicago, Chicago Sister Cities International and the Illinois Technology Association, this workshop seeks to help employers learn about the process to hire these valuable workers and expand the pool of talent from which they can grow their businesses. Hear from experts in the field, including immigration attorneys, educational institutions, advocacy groups and workers who have been through the process.
- 8:30–9:00am: Registration and Networking
- 9:00–9:15am: Opening Remarks
- 9:15–9:45am: Navigating the Legal Process
- 9:45–10:30am: The Value of Foreign Students
- 10:30–11:00am: Resources to Hire Foreign Talent
- 11:00–11:15am: Break
- 11:15am–12:00pm: Panel Discussion: From Immigrants to Green Card
Ticket form widget