World Business Chicago seeks a full-time Executive Assistant that reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and the Executive Vice-President of Strategy and Administration (EVP-SA).
WBC seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Chief Development Officer and Executive Vice-President of Strategy and Administration. Under the direct supervision of the Chief Development Officer and the Executive Vice-President of Strategy and Administration, this full time position provides administrative and secretarial support. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as coordination of meetings, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks such as: managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; printing and assembling reports, itineraries, and agendas.
- Establish, develop and maintain filing system for the Chief Development Officer and the Executive Vice-President of Strategy and Administration
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CDO and EVP-SA, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Manages all incoming calls efficiently and provides detailed messages to the Chief Development Officer and the Executive Vice-President of Strategy and Administration.
- Works in cooperation with other assistants for telephone and front desk coverage.
- Filing, scheduling, typing and performing duties such as coordination of meetings, direct mailing and special projects
- Deal with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Assist with visual presentations and other documents. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Maintains Outlook contact database for Chief Development Officer and the Executive Vice-President of Strategy and Administration by capturing and entering detailed contact information.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with internal staff and external partners (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Previous experience reporting to multiple managers preferred.
Minimum 5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant and bachelor degree preferred. The candidate must have excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of meetings, experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations, strong knowledge of MS Office, including; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, preferably Excel, experience with Apple products. QuickBooks, Desktop Publishing and Salesforce experience is a plus. Salary and benefits is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to HR@WorldBusinessChicago.com.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to reply individually to each applicant. Once you have sent in your application, please do not contact us unless we ask you for further information. World Business Chicago is an equal opportunity employer.