World Business Chicago (WBC), is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
This Executive Assistant role will support the interim World Business Chicago President and CEO as we transition to a permanent President/CEO. The Executive Assistant (EA), to the President and CEO is a full time position that provides administrative support. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The Executive Assistant will complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completing a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports;
- Composing and preparing CEO correspondence;
- Printing and assembling reports, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining filing system for President/CEO
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response with the President.
- Manage all incoming calls efficiently and provide detailed messages to the President & CEO
- Work in cooperation with other assistants for telephone and front desk coverage;
- Assist with visual presentations and other documents; proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy
- Maintains Outlook contact database for President by capturing and entering detailed contact information;
- Assist President/CEO and the Director of Board Relations on Board and other committee meeting dates and keep current all Board and executive committee lists for President;
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Bachelor degree and work experience as an Executive Assistant are preferred but not required. The candidate must have excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of executive meetings, experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations, strong knowledge of MS Office, including; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, preferably Excel, and has experience scheduling travel arrangements for management.
If interested, email cover letter and resume and links to: Carrie Simmons, email@example.com