World Business Chicago (WBC) is seeking a Graduate Associate to aid the ChicagoNEXT team in the management of the Blackstone Inclusive Entrepreneurship Challenge program. The three-year program, currently wrapping up its first year, will provide $3 million in grant funding to innovative organizations that effectively recruit and support diverse entrepreneurs and scale startups in the Chicago area. The selected programs serve diverse populations, including communities of color, women, veterans, and immigrants.
The Associate will support the program’s mission, vision and values, reporting to the ChicagoNEXT Inclusive Entrepreneurship Director and receiving leadership, engagement and direction from the ChicagoNEXT Executive Director, Chair and additional WBC leadership.
The Associate will have familiarity with Chicago’s civic and technology communities and knowledge of entrepreneurship-focused organizations and/or programs. The Associate will have excellent project management, organization and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in complex environments and manage multiple work-streams simultaneously.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilites
- Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, event planning and execution.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, board members, government stakeholders, and outside advisors.
- Self-starter with the able to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to deliver against deadlines; ability to handle high priority and pressure situations.
- Entrepreneurial approach is a must, and experience working in a startup environment with evolving priorities and processes preferred.
- Current graduate student in public policy, business, social service, or a related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Financial budget and reporting experience.
- This program requires a commitment of at least six months, with an opportunity to extend.
- Stipend provided for a minimum of 15 hours per week during the academic year not to exceed 30 hours per week during out of school time.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and list of 2-3 professional references with references’ contact information to: email@example.com