World Business Chicago (WBC) is seeking a Graduate Associate to aid the ChicagoNEXT team in the management of the Blackstone Inclusive Entrepreneurship Challenge program. The three-year program will provide $3 million in grant funding to innovative organizations that effectively recruit and support diverse entrepreneurs and scale startups in the Chicago area. The selected programs will serve diverse populations, including communities of color, women, veterans, and immigrants.
The Associate will support the program’s mission, vision and values, reporting to the ChicagoNEXT Inclusive Entrepreneurship Director and receiving leadership, engagement and direction from the ChicagoNEXT Executive Director, Chair and additional WBC leadership.
The Associate will have familiarity with Chicago’s civic and technology communities and knowledge of entrepreneurship-focused organizations and/or programs. The Associate will have excellent project management, organization and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in complex environments and manage multiple work-streams simultaneously.
- Assist ChicagoNEXT Inclusive Entrepreneurship Director with all projects and objectives and ensuring technical feasibility
- Successfully support, and in some cases manage, multiple relationships with various stakeholders with Blackstone Inclusive Entrepreneurship Program
- Support and assist in development of communications products such as (but not limited to): press releases, social media and other digital media assets
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to impeccably execute projects
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, event planning and execution
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, board members, government stakeholders, and outside advisors
- Self-starter with the able to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to deliver against deadlines; ability to handle high priority and pressure situations
- Entrepreneurial approach is a must, and experience working in a startup environment with evolving priorities and processes preferred
- Current graduate student in public policy, business, social service, or a related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Financial budget and reporting experience
- This program requires a commitment of at least six months, with an opportunity to extend
- Stipend provided for a minimum of 15 hours per week during the academic year and 30 hours per week during the summer quarter.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 2-3 professional references to HR@worldbusinesschicago.com or
World Business Chicago
177 N State St #500
Chicago IL 60601