World Business Chicago (WBC) is seeking a Design Intern for the Fall 2017 semester to work as an integrated member of the Marketing team.
WBC is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports the business community, acts as an incubator for innovative economic development programs, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Design Intern will assist in the concept, design, and execution of a variety of digital, print, and multi-channel communications to tell stories about WBC’s work.
- Work with creative team to design collateral and develop content
- Support WBC brand voice and standards across all collateral
- Demonstrate strategic thinking about designing experiences that resonate
- Demonstrate strong graphic design execution
- Experience with print design and production
- Prepare images and graphics for use in materials
- Help with digital asset management (photo/video libraries)
- Provide support for events when needed
- Provide status of each project and deliverable
- Comfortable working with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Have strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office
- Quick learner with the ability to self-manage and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to synthesize ideas into clear and concise collateral
- Understanding of digital imaging best-practice for both online and print
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have access to own computer
- Junior or Senior undergraduate in college pursuing a degree in a design-related field
- Experience with WordPress and HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with HTML email clients, online form builders, and other internet tools
- Experience creating infographics, charts, and data visualizations
- Experience with SEO, Google Analytics, and social media
This position is paid. Hours per week are negotiable.
Send resume, references, and portfolio to Eileen Lopez at ELopez@WorldBusinessChicago.com.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot reply individually to each applicant. Once you send your application, please do not contact us unless we ask you for further information. World Business Chicago is an equal opportunity employer.