- There are an estimated 30 India-based companies locations in greater Chicago including: Air India, Rolta, State Bank of India, Tata, InfoSys, Infocrossing and others; additionally, ArcelorMittal has its US headquarters in Chicago. There are also 5,727 ethnic-Indian owned companies with employees in the Chicago area according to US Census survey data.
- There are an estimated 110+ Chicago-area companies in India including: Abbott Laboratories, Boeing, Grant Thornton, Hyatt, Hospira, ITW, McDonald’s, Northern Trust, Mondelez, Nalco and others
- Indian Consulate General in Chicago
- US-India Business Council, Chicago
- Chicago-Delhi Sister City relationship, since 2001
- There are 6 weekly nonstop departures from Chicago to Delhi.
- Chicago’s areawide Indian ethnic community is one of America’s largest, at 165,000 (Census survey data)
- There are approximately 8,750 Indian students studying at Illinois universities
- Suzlon, Chicago and Elgin, 2013 and 2010
Total Trade with Illinois, 2016: US $2.1 billion
- Total Imports to Illinois, 2016: US $1.4 billion
- Top Import Categories, 2016: Machinery parts, vehicles, pharmaceuticals, shrimp and organic chemicals
- Total Exports from Illinois, 2016: US $723 million
- Top Export Categories, 2016: Machinery parts, electric machinery, vehicles, organic chemicals and medical instruments