World Business Chicago is seeking an intern to assist the ChicagoNEXT team in all programs, initiatives and activities to drive growth and opportunity for Chicago’s tech economy.
The intern will serve as a project assistant, reporting to the ChicagoNEXT Executive Director and receiving leadership, engagement and director from the ChicagoNEXT Program Manager. The intern will have a strong interest in Chicago’s technology, innovation and entrepreneurship community. The intern should be comfortable with project management, organization and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in complex environments and manage multiple work-streams simultaneously.
ChicagoNEXT leads World Business Chicago’s dedicated effort to drive growth and opportunity for Chicago’s tech economy. Governed by a council of technology leaders, ChicagoNEXT’s strategic focus areas include capital, talent, industry and community.
- Assist ChicagoNEXT team on any and all work streams related to their programs, initiatives and/or activities.
- Assist with all production needs with events and meetings.
- Use and maintenance of research and project management tools (Dropbox, Mailchimp, Basecamp)
The Intern can be expected to learn the following: The employer will work with the intern on strategies of non-profit program development, strategic engagement, marketing, and database management. The intern will get hands on experience in project management and develop projects that support Chicago’s growing tech sector. The intern will also develop skills using Basecamp and other software.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, event planning and execution.
- Awareness of and experience working within Chicago’s venture and technology community.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, board members, government stakeholders, and outside advisors.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to deliver against deadlines; ability to handle high priority and pressure situations.
- Entrepreneurial approach is a must, and experience working in a startup environment with evolving priorities and processes preferred.
- Current undergraduate student from an accredited college or university – preferred majors include business, entrepreneurship and marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Dedicate approximately 20 hours per week depending on academic calendar and an internship time commitment of one academic semester/quarter at a minimum.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and list of 3 to 5 professional references with references’ contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
World Business Chicago
177 N State St #500, Chicago IL 60601