ThinkChicago is looking for an Intern that will work as a member of the ChicagoNEXT team to plan and execute annual ThinkChicago events and build a first of its kind talent development program to support Chicago’s growing tech sector.
As a member of the ThinkChicago team this position will work with top tier universities across the country as well as Chicago based tech companies and innovation centers, World Business Chicago staff and board members.
ThinkChicago, a program of ChicagoNEXT under World Business Chicago connects Chicago’s tech leaders to top business, entrepreneurship, and engineering schools. Through campus visits and city-wide events, ThinkChicago showcases career-building opportunities within Chicago’s vibrant innovation ecosystem and communicates Chicago’s role as a global hub for technology, entrepreneurship and innovation, highlighting career opportunities at all experience levels.
- Coordinate with university contacts to schedule events for VIP company and City of Chicago visits
- Help with event logistics for 200+ person events (food, travel, speakers etc.)
- Proactive research of non-profit sponsorship strategies
- Development and maintenance of company, student, and university databases
- Gain policy experience in workforce and talent development
- Relationship building and collaboration with relevant stakeholders on talent development projects (city officials, business leaders, university administrators, others)
- Use and maintenance of research and project management tools (Dropbox, Mailchimp, Basecamp)
The Intern can be expected to learn the following: The employer will work with the intern on strategies of non-profit program development, university engagement, sponsorship marketing, and database management. The intern will get hands on experience with tech company recruitment strategies, practical policy application in workforce development, and develop projects that support Chicago’s growing tech sector. The intern will also develop skills in project management using Basecamp and other software.
Please send a resume with either a cover letter or a writing sample to Brenna Conway at BConway@worldbusinesschicago.com.