Metro Chicago Exports is seeking an International Business Intern. Metro Chicago Exports represents an unprecedented collaboration between the City of Chicago/World Business Chicago and the seven counties in Northeastern Illinois (Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will) and the with the goal of increasing exports from small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and supporting regional job growth.
The internship will be located in World Business Chicago. The intern will receive insight into the organization’s overall operations and functions.
The intern will be responsible for developing and implementing the evaluation methodology for the Metro Chicago Exports Grant Program and its reimbursement process. These activities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Micro-Grant program application intake, completion, assessment and recommendation; Pilot program budget development and reporting against program spend; Key Performance Indicator establishment and reporting; Past grant award impact interviews and metrics
- Foreign Direct Investment program launch support including coordinating meetings, events and visits to foreign owned enterprises across the region
- Undergraduate or recent graduate when internship commences
- Major in international business; strong interest in economic development
- Completed studies and interest in International Business
- Previous internship/employment experience in finance or accounting-related work
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and balance workload
- Interest in civic engagement, small business empowerment, and international business
- Supervisor will sign off for internship credit; Estimated 30-40 hours per week, depending on work load
This position is paid. Length of internship and hours per week are negotiable.
Send resume, cover letter, and 1-2 professional references to Tom Hulseman at THulseman@MetroChicagoExports.com.