The Communications Intern will work as a paid member of the Marketing & Communications team on a variety of projects that involve public affairs, media relations, social media, brand development and more. The Marketing & Communications team cuts across the entire WBC organization, allowing this internship to interact with public sector leaders, civic organizations, Chicagoland media, and WBC senior management.
- Monitoring and reporting of traditional and digital media
- Curating and scheduling social media content
- Proactive research of strategic media opportunities
- Development and maintenance of media lists
- Development and distribution of pitch letters, press releases, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, etc.
- Relationship building and collaboration with relevant stakeholders on a diverse set of projects (city officials, business leaders, media, others)
- Use and maintenance of research and project management tools (Dropbox, Sprout, Basecamp)
- Previous internship experience is required
- Previous experience with media relations and/or marketing preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of social media platforms and drafting quality content
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Professional and pleasant interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work on a team and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle high priority and pressure situations
- Experience with WordPress and/or other web content management systems is a plus
- Experience with SEO a plus
This position is paid a stipend and college credit is also available based on university/institution. Scheduling is very flexible.
Please send a resume and 2 of the 3: cover letter, sample social media posts, or a writing sample.
Chaired by Mayor Rahm Emanuel, World Business Chicago drives regional economic growth. WBC collaborates to create jobs, cultivate talent, and put Chicago at the forefront of the global economy. A unique public-private partnership, WBC engages business and community leaders to advance Chicago’s Plan for Economic Growth and Jobs.