About World Business Chicago: World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
About Neighborhood & Strategic Initiatives: Neighborhood & Strategic Initiatives (NSI) supports inclusive economic growth and revitalization in Chicago’s underserved neighborhoods by driving resources that build more vibrant corridors, helping employers eliminate barriers to hiring and retaining local talent, and advancing procurement opportunities for small-and-medium-sized businesses. Additionally, NSI manages a free online portal (Sourcelink) built exclusively to connect small-and-medium-sized businesses and entrepreneurs to resources needed to start, scale, and accelerate their businesses.
Background: World Business Chicago is seeking a part-time Marketing Project Coordinator to join the NSI team to assist in the management of a micro business resource platform (Sourcelink) for Chicagoland businesses. The platform connects entrepreneurs and business owners to resources needed to start, sustain, and scale their businesses. The successful candidate will have an interest in entrepreneurship, community, and economic development, as well as experience in customer service. Additionally, strong communication, project management, and organization skills along with the ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analytical reviews are required. The position will report to the Executive Vice President of Neighborhood and Strategic Initiatives with a maximum of 29 hours per week.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate semi-annual convening’s for Business Resource Providers (BRPs), rolling out new content and providing a space to share and exchange information
- Coordinate virtual events, including run-of-show, speakers, guests, partners, potential sponsors, etc.
- Create and manage ChiBizHub BRP group social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc.), maintaining regular communication with BRPs and providing real-time ChiBizHub updates
- Develop a comprehensive marketing campaign to support BRP outreach, including but not limited to graphic design, content, and plan of execution
- Create regular Instagram stories, IGTV material, and YouTube tutorials for informational and promotional purposes
Outreach & Research
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of city-wide small business development organizations’ programs and services
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business resource providers on ChiBizHub on a daily basis and track achievements to promote via media
- Build and maintain good working relationships with network resource partners
- Develop training materials for network programs and services
- Develop and maintain a database(s) to track clients and other network operations; help train resource partners in the use of database(s)
- Develop evaluation surveys for clients and resource partners
- Assist in coordinating other WBC responsibilities per the site development project plan
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications team on plan to increase site visibility
- Perform small business ecosystem gap analysis; provide findings and recommendations to partner organizations
- Document client services and provide regular reports
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in communications, marketing, or a related field
- At least 4 – 5 years of experience in business services/support, community engagement, economic development, and direct experience with the entrepreneurial process; 2 years preferred
- Strong understanding of Chicago’s business community and neighborhoods
- Bilingual candidates (English and Spanish) are encouraged
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, Adobe, Publisher, and video production software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and respectful communicator with active listening skills
- Ability to work well with others in a small, fast-paced, team-oriented environment business development
The position is grant-funded; employment is subject to the availability of grant funding. If Interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com