Neighborhood Strategic Initiatives supports inclusive economic growth and revitalization in Chicago’s underserved neighborhoods.
Leverage practices from the city’s anchor institutions to support procurement for local small-and-medium-sized businesses in Chicago’s neighborhoods.
A free online portal built exclusively for small-to-medium sized business owners and entrepreneurs in need of resources to start, scale or accelerate their business in Chicago.
Workforce & Talent Development
Assists employers to eliminate barriers that prevent them from hiring and retaining employees in underserved and emerging neighborhoods.
- Analyze employers’ hiring data to develop strategic workforce initiatives that attract, hire and retain qualified talent
- Promote changes in policy and practices that remove barriers to employment and business ownership
- Partners with workforce and education leaders to scale existing earn-and-learn programs and engage employers
Neighborhood Business Development
Collaborate with neighborhood development and community organizations to drive local business development and investment.
- Supports City of Chicago initiatives
- Promotes assets in neighborhoods to businesses and real estate professionals to increase amenities and revitalize commercial corridors
- Empowers small-to-medium-sized business ecosystems by convening community, business and civic partners
- Improves employment opportunities for residents of underserved neighborhoods and supports community investment for neighborhood-based employers
Empowering businesses and protecting consumers.
Connect with us