World Business Chicago is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
ChicagoNEXT leads WBC’s dedicated effort to drive growth and opportunity for Chicago’s tech economy through a portfolio of initiatives and programs governed by a council of technology leaders. With the mission to grow Chicago’s vibrant tech ecosystem, ChicagoNEXT strategic focus areas include capital, talent, industry, and community.
World Business Chicago (WBC) is seeking a Program Manager to aid the ChicagoNEXT team in the management of current and future initiatives, including the Chicago Venture Summit and ThinkChicago programs. The Program Manager for ChicagoNEXT will support the organization’s mission, vision and values, reporting to the Executive Director of ChicagoNEXT and receiving leadership, engagement and direction from ChicagoNEXT’s Chair and World Business Chicago leadership.
The Program Manager will work closely with the various organizations that currently exist in Chicago’s technology ecosystem and should be proactive in developing and implementing ideas to help make Chicago an even better city in which to build tech companies, attract and retain top talent, and help grow Chicago into a more inclusive innovation ecosystem.
The Program Manager should have familiarity with Chicago’s technology community. Additional experience working with startup firms, in community engagement, and or in talent/workforce development a plus. The Program Manager will have excellent organizational and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in complex environments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Successfully support, and in some cases manage, multiple relationships with various stakeholders in Chicago innovation and technology ecosystem
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Support WBC leadership in reporting and communicating progress to various stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to impeccably execute projects
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Awareness of and experience working within Chicago’s technology/innovation community.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, board members, government stakeholders, and outside advisors.
- Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, event planning, and execution.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering against deadlines; ability to handle high priority and pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with executive level leadership
- An entrepreneurial approach is a must, and experience working in a startup environment with evolving priorities and processes preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in project/program management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Financial budget and reporting experience.
- Ability to travel as needed.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and list of 3-5 professional references with references contact information to:
World Business Chicago
177 N State St #500, Chicago IL 60601