Project Coordinator, Public Sector Investment Strategy Team (2) – Focused on public-private developments and infrastructure-focused grant opportunities.
World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
World Business Chicago is seeking a full-time project coordinator that performs professional and administrative work on focusing on public-private development and infrastructure-focused grant opportunities throughout Chicago’s 77 neighborhoods, with an emphasis on the South and West sides.
Candidates will be able to take advantage of a once-in-a-generation investment opportunity to solve some of the greatest challenges in our city and make a long-term transformational impact.
The development and infrastructure project coordinator will assist the senior project manager focused on priority public-private infrastructure and development projects managed by the City of Chicago. This project coordinator will work with the Mayor’s Office, the City of Chicago’s Department of Planning and Development, the Department of Housing, and other key city organizations. This role will track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and assist the senior project manager with outreach and private sector leaders, local government leaders, and the federal government to put together competitive applications to attract grant awards to Chicago.
The Candidate must be organized, have the ability to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously and have strong attention to detail. Other responsibilities of the job include but are not limited to:
- Create project update reports and memos for the City of Chicago Mayor, WBC executive staff and other senior officials
- Monitor and track key milestones with the ability to identify and report roadblocks
- Facilitate the engagement, cooperation and management of stakeholder relationships
- Coordinate the collaboration with key partners in program planning, scheduling and implementation efforts
- Adhere to timelines and critical path items for project completion
- Organize and coordinate internal teams to ensure projects are moving forward
- Manage budgeting and contracts
- Assist with the creation of presentations and other marketing and outreach materials to highlight programmatic work
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant funding
- Additional administrative work such as note-taking, meeting coordination, and other related duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, and government stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, and execution.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to deliver against deadlines; ability to handle high-priority and pressure situations.
- Diligent with a strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with executive-level leadership
- Experience managing a wide range of stakeholders (ex. Elected officials, community organizations, city departments, etc…)
- Strong presentation skills
- 1 year of experience in project/program management.
- Associate Degree required (Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Degree in Public or Business Administration or Urban Planning a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- Financial budget and reporting experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons
If interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@worldbusinesschicago.com