World Business Chicago is looking for an intern to help drive the Plan for Economic Growth and Jobs’ (Plan) First Annual Inclusive Economic Growth Convening.
A day-long convening merging a cross-sector of industries and professionals, to highlight challenges, opportunities and solutions to advancing inclusive economic growth. This event will serve as a connector and profile raiser for public, private and civic organizations implementing economic solutions for all. The convening will feature partnerships, current and emerging best practices, public policy trends, and targeted marketing strategies that generate tangible assets and a blueprint for equitable, inclusive, and innovative economic development. This position reports to the Vice President of the Plan for Economic Growth and Jobs.
October 2017 (5 month placement)
Goals of Project
- Develop a local multi-sector professional network to plug into the work of the Plan, WBC and its public, private and civic partners.
- Highlight civic organizations, local economic development partners and businesses addressing social issues within Chicago that are closing socio-economic disparities.
- Expand networks to additional leaders working to improve economies throughout all of Chicagoland.
- Become the premier event for thought-leadership, best practices, innovation and incubation of ideas that ensure all of Chicago’s people, neighborhoods and businesses are benefiting from economic growth.
- Clear understanding of WBC’s mission, resources and avenues to access and leverage those resource.
- Showcase and promote a diverse range of city wide economic development projects, initiatives, programs and events.
Specific Tasks/Deliverables for Intern to Accomplish During Tenure
- Management and engagement of key civic/corporate partners for major event.
- Creating and managing the deliverables of a comprehensive logistics plan.
- Researching, recommending and finalizing program elements to incorporate into the event (i.e. speakers, best practices, projects, panel tracks, partners).
- Oversee planning and coordination meetings with committee/stakeholders/staff to meet project milestones and deliverables.
- Support Supervisor with developing and tracking the events budget/spending plan.
- Assist Vice President and Director of Corporate Partnerships with securing sponsors.
- Coordinate with communications and marketing team on event collateral and outreach.
- Assist with contract negotiations for venue and vendors, as well as finalizing terms and conditions of partnering organizations and sponsors.
Special Skills Desired of Intern
Marketing, Project Management, Event Planning & Execution
Undergraduate Senior or Graduate Student
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
World Business Chicago
Attn: Carrie Simmons
177 N. State St., Ste. 500
Chicago, Illinois, 60601