The Research Analyst is responsible for assisting the Research team with key initiatives as assigned, and will have the opportunity to take a consultative approach to the workflow on cross-functional teams. The individual is dynamic, hard-working, and eager to engage in an “all-hands-on-deck” small-team environment with strong data gathering and analysis skills and a passion for applying research to drive economic development in Chicago through WBC’s mission and goals. The Research Analyst is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Research.
Summary and Job Responsibilities:
- Gathers and enters data into economic and business indicator databases for analysis and reporting
- Builds custom comparative analyses and research outlining Chicago’s competitive advantages
- Represents Research on cross-functional teams
- Supports responses to external requests for information from companies and their intermediaries, media, City of Chicago, civic stakeholders, and other partners
- Assembles, analyzes, and presents data for use in weekly Economic Briefs, presentations, WBC studies, the WBC newsletter, website, the Annual Report, and other materials
- Undergraduate degree in economics, policy, planning, or a related field (Masters degree preferred)
- High proficiency in Excel (mapping, design, and statistics software experience strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of economic development concepts and analytical applications
- Excellent academic record
- Highly collaborative work style
- Desire to problem-solve thoughtfully and creatively
- Positive, proactive attitude toward projects and work
- Strong sense of organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with courtesy, clarity, and diplomacy
- Willingness to receive feedback on work and overall progress
Please email a resume and cover letter to: HR@worldbusinesschicago.com.
World Business Chicago is an equal opportunity employer.