Chicago Anchors for a Strong Economy (CASE) is seeking a Senior Business Relationship Associate for a full time position that reports to the Business Relationship Manager of CASE to support the management of the Diagnostic Tool platform and targeted matching process as well as the user experience for small businesses and for anchors.
The Sr. Business Relationship Associate will join an entrepreneurial team in building our initiative. The Sr. Business Relationship Associate will support CASE’s business interactions by providing analysis of local businesses as potential suppliers for our anchors as well as for business development opportunities. The ideal applicant will have direct experience of working with small businesses, genuine interest in business development and demonstrated knowledge and interest in economic development.
CASE is a marquee initiative of World Business Chicago (WBC)’s Plan for Economic Growth strategy to “develop and deploy assets in neighborhoods to align with regional economic growth.” CASE is a network of Chicago’s leading anchor institutions – hospitals, universities, cultural institutions, corporations, and others.
Mission: CASE will act as a catalyst to create inclusive economic growth by leveraging Anchor buying, hiring, and investment to collectively impact Chicagoland neighborhoods
Since 2014, CASE has served as a matchmaker of procured products and services between anchor institutions and local businesses. CASE assesses the readiness of suppliers for anchor institution contracts and facilitates the appropriate interventions to better prepare them for these opportunities through a process called the “Diagnostic (Dx) Tool”. Designed to aggregate reliable data to evaluate the level of a business’s readiness, the Dx Tool determines the appropriate programming and matchmaking to opportunities with anchors (known as “targeted matchmaking”). To enhance its approach to match participant businesses with procurement opportunities at its member anchors, CASE is developing an online platform to be launched in Spring 2018.
The Sr. Business Relationship Associate will support the Business Relationship Manager within the CASE team to drive economic growth and the achievement of CASE goals as it pertains to local revenue growth and job creation. The Sr. BRA will be responsible for:
- Possess and build knowledge and skills to navigate through different community based organizations within the Chicagoland small business ecosystem, foster relationships with key stakeholders, understand key business drivers, and help maximize the value of CASE for participating businesses.
- Manage and nurture channel partner relationships with local community partners and key business service organizations.
- Manage the relationships with businesses interested in participating in CASE’s diagnostic tool assessment, programming and interaction with CASE anchors.
- Serve as the main point of contact, information distributor, and liaison for participating businesses through the dx tool process, and subsequent matchmaking and programming opportunities.
- Advocate on behalf of the businesses, bringing forth business needs, opportunities and concerns to the CASE team, CASE leadership, WBC team and others to enable cumulative success.
- Support meeting preparation and materials development for monthly meetings.
Diagnostic Tool Implementation & Scale
- Project manage and execute the recruitment of businesses for the Diagnostic Tool, in order to create a pipeline of suppliers to vet. Activities include: business outreach, collecting and analyzing financials, conducting interviews, and providing recommendations to businesses.
- Lead a team of staff to recruit businesses to through the Diagnostic Tool process.
- Support data management activities, including the collection, storage, validation, analysis and reporting of data. Examples of activities include the gathering of metrics such as business outreach numbers and conversion rates, as well as the analysis of aggregated industry and demographic statistics to help identify broader trends of user base and enhance the efficiency of operations.
- Support requirements gathering from businesses and community partners to develop, build and test the full build-out of an automated technology platform for the Diagnostic Tool.
- Help support the execution of the targeted matchmaking process under the direction of CASE’s Business Relationship Manager (BRM).
- Support the Business Relationship Manager to oversee and facilitate the development of CASE’s marketing strategy.
CASE and WBC Team Support
- Understand and be fluent about the vision, goals, value proposition and benefits of CASE to be communicated across diverse stakeholders and within all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with other members of the CASE and WBC team to achieve the mission and vision of CASE (ex: marketing, business development, initiative leads, fellows, etc.)
- Support BRM on marketing the Tool through road shows and serve as a DxTool expert
- Bachelor’s Degree required, business management or economics degree preferred
- At least 3-4 or more years of business development, financial analysis, project management, and team leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, organization and appropriate level of detail orientation
- Professional and respectful communicator with active listening skills, strong presentation skills, discovery and facilitation skills, and ability to develop strategy to drive progress against goals
- Strong understanding of Chicago’s small business community and resources
- Experience and knowledge of institutional procurement and supply chain management processes preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel is mandatory, including familiarity with but not limited to functions such as SUMIF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, IF, INDEX+MATCH, IFERROR, SUBTOTAL, as well as pivot tables and the ability to sort and filter large datasets
- Familiarity with customer relationship management software, SQL, GIS or other tools such as Hoovers, Salesforce.com preferred
- Ability to work well with others in a small, fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Available for potential start date of October 16
Interested candidates should inquire directly to CASE@WorldBusinessChicago.com. Please include resume, cover letter and 3 to 5 references.