Talent and Workforce
World Business Chicago
World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
WBC supports workforce development by engaging area corporate, civic, and local government leaders in identifying key workforce and human capital challenges for area firms and facilitating the development and innovation of projects, programs, and initiatives to improve the pipeline of Chicagoland’s workforce to meet the needs of area employers. The Talent and Workforce team works on the implementation of the Chicago’s Recovery Task Force recommendations by creating a regional skills development and training plan that targets un- and underemployed workers. This equity-focused plan should create lasting infrastructure to connect workers with educational opportunities, training programs, and, ultimately, jobs that will provide a good sustainable standard-of-living.
The Talent and Workforce Associate, reports to the Director, Talent & Workforce Strategy. This role will need to understand the needs of business as it pertains to identifying, screening, and referring talent in addition to being familiar with Chicago’s diverse neighborhoods and workforce development ecosystem. This role is a liaison between Chicago’s business community and Chicago’s workforce agencies and partners.
The Talent and Workforce Associate will:
- Engage Chicago businesses to understand their hiring needs and then provide the businesses with resources to talent through Chicago’s workforce partners to create economic opportunities for unemployed and underemployed in Chicago.
- Source, recruit, screen, interview and assess employers’ needs for exempt and nonexempt roles
- Collaborate with WBC leadership and workforce partners to forecast and develop plans for key employer engagement initiatives.
- Be responsible for the implementation of staffing and recruiting processes, strategies, and solutions.
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with hiring managers and business leaders.
- Maintain accurate business engagement records.
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict employer engagement activity.
- Perform regular follow-up with the respective employer partners to ensure timeliness of the recruiting process.
- Proactively seek new avenues to attract employers.
- Possess excellent consultative skills and proven experience in all recruiting methods including passive sourcing.
- Build relationships with Chicago’s workforce agencies to build a pipeline of talent for businesses in need.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and team-based project experience.
- Detail-oriented with a sense of urgency.
- Must possess the excellent judgment to prioritize work, handle multiple projects at once and meet objectives.
- Must have proven experience supporting a high-volume of full-cycle requisitions.
- A clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment lifecycle processes and best practices.
- Must have experience in mapping and sourcing resumes’ from all sources, including job boards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and in-depth knowledge of data mining and internet research and internet recruiting.
- We are seeking a self-motivated, hands-on full-time Associate with a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in a recruiting/staffing function.
- Relevant bachelor degree, Associate degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: