Twice each year, during Lollapalooza and Chicago Ideas Week, Mayor Rahm Emanual invites top university students to ThinkChicago to meet with Chicago technology leaders, explore companies, and attend various events including the Lollapalooza music festival and Chicago Ideas Week programming.
Students are accepted into the program based on their interest in technology, innovation, and/or entrepreneurship, and a commitment to excellence as demonstrated by academic, professional, and/or extracurricular activities.
“I absolutely love ThinkChicago and really owe a lot to it. I wouldn’t have started my company if it weren’t for the program. I was going to move to California.” – Matt Unger, Roompact Founder
Grow Chicago’s Talent Pool
Make Chicago Top-of-Mind for Starting a Career
Connect Chicago Companies with the Talent
- 70% of alumni say the program positively impacted their desire to live/work in Chicago
- 80% of companies say they plan to interview or hire ThinkChicago students
- > 62% of alumni who have jobs work in Chicago
- 74% of alumni are interested in volunteering for future ThinkChicago programs
- Program expanded from from 50 students a year to 275 and growing
- Recruiting has expanded from 13 midwest Universities to 30+ nationwide