15 Local Tech Companies to Add Over 2,000 Jobs Through 2020
Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and World Business Chicago hosted the third annual Chicago Tech Day featuring 15 local technology companies that have added or will be adding over 2,000 jobs through 2020. Chicago is becoming known as a global tech hub, from its diversified economy and talent pool to its increasing number of resident tech companies including micro-data and cybersecurity, automation and artificial intelligence.
“Every year, more tech companies are opening offices in Chicago, creating new jobs for our city’s unmatched workforce and furthering our status as a leading hub for 21st-century innovation,” said Mayor Lightfoot. “As a City, we are working to ensure residents in every community have the tools, resources and skills they need to be a part of Chicago’s rapidly-growing tech industry.”
World Business Chicago and its initiative ChicagoNEXT annually hosts Chicago Tech Day to celebrate growth in the technology and innovation sector, providing a platform for local companies to come together, network and collaborate.
“Chicago’s tech and innovation community is thriving,” said Andrea Zopp, President & CEO of World Business Chicago. “In fact, just last week, 1871 Chicago was recognized at the World Incubation Summit as the World #1 Private Business Incubator. It is because of game-changing organizations like 1871 and Tech Day participants, that Chicago is a leader in bold, innovative ideas and entrepreneurship. Today we are proud to celebrate the growth of our local tech community”.
“It’s a privilege to partner with Mayor Lightfoot and World Business Chicago to host Chicago Tech Day at Relativity,” said Mike Gamson, CEO at Relativity. “As a tech company founded and headquartered here in Chicago, we’re proud to play a role in growing the local tech ecosystem and are looking forward to further building out opportunities for the incredible talent in our community.”
Chicago’s tech ecosystem is the City’s fastest-growing industry sector with over 4,000 digital companies – a more than 270% growth in just 10 years. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, tech jobs have grown 38.6 percent since 2010, employing more than 143,000 people.
The tech companies participating in Chicago Tech Day 2019 include:
- Cameo – the leading entertainment platform for fans to find and book personalized video messages from their favorite talent, over 20,000 available; 80 jobs
- Evanston Technology Partners – a provider of cybersecurity support services; 107 jobs
- Fyllo – the world’s first cannabis MarTech platform that powers compliance at scale; 120 jobs
- HealthJoy – a benefits experience platform helping employees make smarter healthcare decisions with personalized guidance and AI technology; 125 jobs
- Kalderos – is building a data and financial exchange infrastructure to make drug discount programs work for all parties; 127 jobs
- Kenna Security – the enterprise leader in risk-based vulnerability management, Kenna Security enables enterprises to work cross-functionally to remediate the vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk; 65 jobs
- Kin Insurance – an insurtech startup and licensed Florida insurance carrier that is fixing home insurance through intuitive tech, affordable pricing, and world-class customer service; 100 jobs
- LogicGate – a leading GRC process automation platform enabling organizations to operationalize their governance, risk, and compliance programs for enhanced clarity, control, and accountability; 170 jobs
- Metro Edge Technologies – a certified minority business enterprise, operating a micro-data center, edge computing, high performance compute and cloud storage solutions company located in economically challenged urban communities, providing social & economic impact via a data center certificate training program creating IT career paths; 55 jobs
- PartySlate – a website that inspires people planning events and connects them with the leading event professionals and venues across the country and the world; 60 jobs
- Relativity – a global legal technology company headquartered in Chicago whose market-leading data platform helps legal professionals around the world organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The company now includes more than 1,000 team members alongside a passionate global user community of more than 180,000; 400 jobs
- TripActions – the modern business travel platform that combines AI-driven personalization with unrivaled inventory and 24×7 live travel agents to delight employees, finance leaders, HR professionals, and travel managers alike—all while empowering organizations to seize travel as a strategic lever for culture and growth; 120 jobs
- Snapsheet – a global claims management technology company and pioneer in virtual appraisals solutions whose proven technology, software, and processes help to transform claims experiences for end-customers and deliver innovative solutions for more than 17 of the largest insurance carriers in North America as well as third party administrators and tech disruptors; 200 jobs
- SpotHero – the digital parking leader and the largest place to buy and sell parking in North America, helping millions of drivers find, book and access off-street parking in 7,000 locations across 300 cities; 155 jobs
- Village MD – a national healthcare provider and provider services platform that equips primary care physicians with the clinical, operational and financial resources required to succeed in value-based care contracts, while allowing them to preserve clinical autonomy; 135 jobs