Chicago and London Highlight Importance of Tech in the Neighborhoods
World Business Chicago partnered with London & Partners for the virtual discussion “Boroughs & Neighborhoods: Diversifying tech talent and investment in London & Chicago” on Thursday, September 10, as part of London Tech Week.
The panel discussion focused on the innovation, investment and tech talent within London’s boroughs and Chicago’s neighborhoods. World Business Chicago’s President and CEO, Andrea Zopp discussed the role for neighborhoods to incubate a more diverse and inclusive future for tech.
The full panel included:
- Alan Gogbashian, Her Majesty’s Consul General, British Consulate-General, Chicago
- Andrea Zopp, President & CEO, World Business Chicago
- Emmanuel Jackson, President, Evanston Technology Partners from Chicago’s Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Roxanne Charles, Chief Engagement Officer, West Side Forward representing Chicago’s Westside neighborhoods
- Emma Obanye, Entrepreneur in Residence, OneTech from London
- Tahlia Gray, Founder, Sheer Chemistry from London
WBC will be promoting other exchanges in the coming months. We encourage you to follow us on social media for updates.