- Chicago MSA has the 3rd largest business and professional services industry, broadly defined, by employees – at 1,153,960 employees.
- Chicago’s Business Services industry generates $275.9 billion in GDP annually.
- Chicago has the 3rd largest labor force in the US, but is the 19th most expensive place to operate a 500-person, tech-focused office. 
- Chicago has 36 Fortune 500 Headquarters, the 2nd highest number in the US, and 31 S&P 500 headquarters.
- Chicago is the #1 top U.S. city for corporate relocations and expansions and FDI for the past seven years.
- Chicago has the 2nd largest Finance & Insurance sector in the US by employment (245,580) and GDP ($70.2B). Chicago has the 3rd largest Advertising and PR sector in the US by employment (30,968) and GDP ($5.1B). Chicago has the 4th largest Legal Services sector in the US by employment (47,454) and GDP ($14.7B). 
- Chicago has the 2nd highest concentration of CEO’s (8,440), 2nd largest concentration of General and Operations Managers (101,960), 3rd largest concentration of Accountants (43,820) 4th largest concentration of Lawyers (27,790). 
- Chicago has the #1 most-connected airport in the country, with a combined 134 daily nonstop flights to NYC, SF, and DC and 139 daily departures to 80 international destinations.
- Chicago’s schools produce the #1 largest pool of MBA grads, 2nd for Accounting, 4th for PR and Advertising, and 5th for Legal Professions. 
- Chicago has 2 of the Top 5 Business Schools and 2 of the Top 10 Law Schools. 
- In 2018, the USPTO issued over 3,900 patents to Chicago inventors or assignees.
- In 2016, Illinois companies invested $920M in Finance and Insurance R&D, ranking 3rd in the US, and $411M in Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services R&D.
- Institutions in Illinois received over $52M in research funding from the National Science Foundation, Division of Human Resources to study educational and human resources development.
- Since 2010, over 200 professional services startups have been founded in Chicago, receiving over $180M in funding.
- Chicago is home to one of the world’s top 10 architecture firms, ranked by revenue, Perkins & Will.
- Chicago is headquarters for 21 of the world’s top consulting firms.